Did you know...when you cut an apple crosswise, you will find a star inside? This star is presented here to recognize all of the wonderful people of the SPLASH project and their outstanding efforts to improve the health of Michigan’s children.
Our genuine thanks go to:
· The teachers, administrators, staff and students of the SPLASH participating schools across the great state of Michigan.
· The Regional School Health Coordinators, SPLASH Liaisons, administrators and other supporting staff at the ISDs, RESAs, RESDs, and LEAs where the program was supported, promoted, tabulated, and recorded to meet the needs of teachers and schools as well as the guidelines of program funding.
· Members of the SPLASH Team, past and present, and supporting departments at the Michigan Department of Community Health for their leadership, advocacy and support of the program as well as balancing the needs of the schools with the needs of the funding stream.
· The United States Department of Agriculture, the Michigan Department of Human Services, the Michigan Nutrition Network and the Michigan Department of Community Health for facilitating the distribution of funding support.
· All the parents and families who took the time to attend family connection events, to expand on their children’s learning by supporting healthy habits at home, for trying new foods and new family activities, and making the priorities of the SPLASH project their family’s priorities as well.
The SPLASH program retires knowing that, like a good farmer, it has planted seeds that will continue to grow. Great programming continues on the regional and local levels, under local administration, and children and families will continue to find opportunities there to try new things and develop and promote happier, healthier lives. And schools will make their own splash as they continue to Support Positive Lifestyles and Attitudes through School Health.
We wish you all the best and thank you for your support!
The SPLASH Team
|© SPLASH 2013.|
This page last updated on: Monday October 14, 2013